Friday, June 9, 2017

Lavender bookmark

This UFO (unfinished object) has been in my cupboard for quite a while. Somehow the pattern became separated from the embroidery, and cross stitch is not my favourite, but I do want to finish it.


I've started working on it again doing 10 minutes here and there when I can. The extra few stitches soon add up. It's involved a bit of guesswork using the photograph provided on the kit cover as a guide. Stitching on the dark green fabric I need very good light and magnifiers too.


I will post my progress as I go.

'Till next time, happy stitching!




4 comments:

  1. It's a nice design, and I can see the problems with the dark fabric and the not too clear 'graph'. Your hard work will be rewarded when you see it marking the page in a book you are reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is surprisingly soft too which makes it difficult to put the needle cleanly through the holes, but slow and steady wins the race and the tricky part with the closely matched lavender colours is almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely colours - but it looks minute! Don't envy you this one. It will look great when finished, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, yes. It's been a bit of a challenge to work.
    The colours are very pretty and I think they would be lovely on a crisp white background.

    ReplyDelete